Maple Cinnamon Rolls

These Pioneer Woman maple rolls are my absolute favorite now. I am obsessed with the flavor and highly recommend giving them a try. That’s all I attempted last week, just a try, adjusting her original recipe by a third.



These rolls are so special as Ree shared the memory of her mom making them when she was little and how they’ve become a legacy of deliciousness from her family that Ree continues to share, and so many more have shared too through her recipe!



My rolls are in the oven now and I am happy with how this whole process goes. I’ll share that here. I start by getting a large heating pan and placing milk in there to heat. I add sugar and coconut oil. I stir on medium heat which is five on my stove.



As soon as the mixture feels warm to the touch, I turn off the heat and sprinkle in my yeast, letting it sit there for a minute or so. Then I add in most of my flour, leaving out about half a cup for later. 



Stirring it until it gently comes together, I cover it with a light towel and let it rest on the back of the warm stove. Turning on the light, I leave it in the room for about an hour, maybe more.



Arriving after an hour, I come back to find the dough half risen in the pot, which is just enough. I begin to add in my dry ingredients, first the baking powder, then the baking soda, and then the salt. My little helper asks to help me, and together we spill the salt all over the counter and floor. I am thankful for my quick vacuum that is ready to help near by. Just a tsp of salt really goes everywhere!



I think about God’s grace and how even if I am only a tsp of in need of his grace, he still would have to cover all of his blood to cover me… although I am definitely far more than a tsp of mistakes (more like an ocean), even a tsp of salt would need an eternity of grace through Jesus… and I think about a tsp of His love, which is all powerful, and quite literally could be enough to cover me…. I am and would be surrounded by his love which is more than enough to get me through a mess… and I think about the salt and how it brings out the heightened flavors of the cinnamon and sugar…. And the sweetness of the butter. With Gods grace I am enough just as I am… I am so many ingredients… and his salt even a tsp is all that I need to be able to thrive and roll with all that life brings… just as I am.



I’ll stop there, as my mind continues to think on how these rolls remind me of his love and care. My little ones can smell the rolls now and so can this momma, so I’ll finish up.



After the salt, I add in the last little half cup of flour or so, maybe a little more. And stir it all together. When I’m ready, I dump the mounded dough onto a large cookie sheet and flatten it out from the middle out with my fingers. Pulling from the middle out brings the thickness to the sides, allowing the dough to reach its full width and length. 



When the dough is flat, I melt the butter and spread it all over the dough. Then I sprinkle the cinnamon, followed by the sugar all across and over and filling the whole thing.



When the filling is set, I reach for the back of the dough’s length and pull it toward me from one end to the other. When there is just a little left, I pull that up from the bottom toward the rolled dough, forming a closure on top.



The dough is all wrapped and ready, so I grab my pizza cutter and cut about twelve pieces across, aiming for the same thickness more so than the number of rolls, and if we are lucky, we have twelve. :)



When those are cut, I grab a 13x9 pan and place those in there at three rolls per row. Then I reach for my light towel again and cover the rolls, placing the pan near the back of the stove top. Lastly, I turn on the oven to 375 and start brewing a cup of coffee.



The coffee is my favorite part of the process for making these maple cinnamon rolls. It’s so refreshing and fun to brew a coffee no matter what time of day. And this gives me a reason to.

 


While my coffee is brewing in my chipped kitty cup, I grab a large pitcher and set to work on my glaze. The start is with the powdered sugar, then the milk, and then the coconut oil. When the coffee is brewed, I add in a TBS and stir it all together. While the glaze would be yummy in the coffee, I do mean adding the TBS of coffee to the glaze. :)



Stirring together, and waiting for my oven to preheat, I let the glaze speak to me, adding in one more TBS of coffee to thin, and half a cup more powdered sugar to thicken… this gives me a perfect amount. I stir and let it rest.



When it’s been twenty minutes, preferably more, I take the towel off the rolls, and they are slightly doubled in size. Placing the rolls in the oven, I set the time for seventeen minutes, and walk away. A moment to rest.



Sitting at the table, the timer beeps and I go to check. The rolls smell delicious and I opt for two more minutes to let them set.



When the timer beeps again, I take the rolls out, and straightaway spread the delicious glaze. These rolls look delicious.



So the maple cinnamon rolls are so incredible as the rolls are soft, doughy, fall apart and are covered in delicious butter and sugar. The freshly brewed coffee brings out the delicious maple flavor and all is well.



Now, all really is well.



I hope you enjoy so soon, as these rolls are a breeze and a half and are altogether delightful. Side note, as soon as we have had our share, I slip these into containers and freeze for a rainy day. I like them cold out of the freezer, yum! My sweet husband enjoys them all warmed up on a plate.


Whichever way you enjoy, hot, cold, or warm, enjoy. And know that you are dearly loved. For he loves you, the one who made us all. And Jesus is with you always. Hugs. ☺️๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿค— Daisy



Here is the recipe when you’re ready! ๐Ÿฅฐ



Comments

Popular Posts