Featured on Little House Living by Merissa Alink


Have you heard of Little House Living? You can read my featured article on Merissa’s website here:


Merissa has changed my life in many ways. I have gone from using any old product that is on sale (sometimes I still have to and that’s okay! 😊) to using and making products that are resourceful and good for us. I am so thankful for all she has taught me in her book and on her website, Little House Living.

Here are some of my favorites from Little House Living that I have made and appreciate using on a regular basis!

Whipped Coconut Oil Lotion

As a part-time baker and a full-time momma, I love making this gloriously simple lotion as my hands are so naturally prone to dryness and this eases all discomfort.

Next up these delicious cheese crackers!!

Just mix up the ingredients, which are simple and few.

Roll into a ball and let sit for an hour chilled.

Roll out and cut up with your favorite pizza knife.

And bake till they are gloriously beautiful like this!! Easy, fun and really delicious. I may have doubled the batch πŸ™Š  and made more again shortly after. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’–πŸ‘πŸ»

Here are some more favorites from Little House Living:

Homemade Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Similar to the cheese crackers, you mix and then you go straight to rolling and cutting. Bake and they come out glorious just like this. Made these once a week (lasts all week) for the past month and our family loves them!!

Lastly, I’ve really enjoyed making Merissa’s soaps from scratch using simple ingredients like Castile soap and essential oils like sweet orange 🍊 that just burst with flavor and positive energy in our home.



Homemade Laundry Detergent

We have been using this homemade detergent for two weeks now, and our clothes feel and look and smell fresher. You can also add a teaspoon of mixed salted essential oils such as sweet orange and bergamot for added freshness, although we are quite happy without! Note: I made the dry version which we found in Merissa’s book, not her website, which has the wet recipe.

Last but not least, on February 17, 2024, Merissa featured me and published my pizza recipe which you can find here: Meatball Sweet Potato Pizza!

Hope you enjoy reading and remember you are so creative, so loved, so inspiring, so encouraging, and again loved more than you or I or anyone before has loved you.. by our wonderful God who made us. Thank you, Jesus.

Love Daisy, so thankful for you.


Comments

Popular Posts